Growing with values, Manipur Board Edition is a graded series of books on value education. Education for values aims at promoting broader capabilities, attitudes, and skills that matter not just in schools but also in life beyond schools, thus making the world a better place not just for themselves but also for their family, friends, colleagues, and others. The main focus of the series is to inculcate and reinforce universal values like peace, truth, love, cooperation, and unity among the students.
Salient features of the book include:
1. Circle Time: A warm-up activity at the start of the chapter for the students that introduces them to the values being discussed in that chapter.
2. Wisdom Tree: Take-away or the values that children carry with them from the chapter.
3. Kind Gesture: An activity that children can demonstrate at home with parents, siblings, grandparents, pets, or in school with friends and teachers.
4. Words to Think About: - A unique feature of the chapter that has words of wisdom that help in the way forward and these come from real-life experiences.
5. Tasks: Simple activities like questions-answers, matching the following, filling in the blanks, etc., to assess the understanding of the child.
6. Word Power: To enhance a child's vocabulary.
7. Value-based questions: To instill values in children.